08/11/2016 0 Comments
Edmontonians rely on their vehicles through hot summers, frigid winters, and a whole mess of other conditions. Ensuring your personal car, truck or business vehicles stay operational then becomes not only a matter of comfort, but one of safety as well. This is why car inspections are an absolutely crucial aspect of all vehicle maintenance and ownership.
Cars, like any complex machine, need to be inspected, maintained, and repaired on a regular basis. Inspections ensure that everything is currently in working order and free from major safety or performance issues, as well as helps in planning future maintenance. However, as much as we love our cars, the reality is most of us don’t know much more than where the gas goes let alone a full car inspection - which is why it’s important to schedule detailed vehicle inspections regularly.
At Schwabe’s Automotive Centre, we know you’re a responsible driver, you take automotive care seriously, and you want to guarantee your car gets the highest quality service for the most affordable prices. For 60 years Schwabe’s Automotive Centre certified mechanics and staff have been delivering superior service to your family and friends in Edmonton and the surrounding areas. With every service at Schwabe’s Automotive Centre, you also receive a 30-point inspection, and all of our services are backed by warranties.
A car inspection is a thorough periodic evaluation of a vehicle in order to ensure it conforms to all safety regulations in accordance with the manufacturer’s service schedule, regardless of previous repairs, in order to ensure your car’s top performance. The purpose of a car inspection is not necessarily to correct anything, but rather to diagnose the car and see if any issues need further attention. From there, more specialized mechanic work can follow if needed.
A car inspection may include:
- Fluid checks including oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, coolant, windshield wiper fluid;
- Tires pressure adjustment and a tread check, some inspections include tire rotation as well;
- Brake inspection and vehicle suspension;
- Examination of hoses and belts for wear or cracks;
- Identification of any battery issues;
- Filter check including engine and cabin air filters; and
- Electrical including interior and exterior lights.
- Paying more for more extensive repairs later on;
- Long-term damage to your car, sometimes irreversible;
- Increased risk of a breakdown or accident, thus reducing car safety; and
- Affected performance, including acceleration, efficiency, and even pollution output.
On the other hand, regular inspections and maintenance has numerous benefits. According to the Car Care Council, regular maintenance can increase your fuel efficiency and save you money on gas by:
- Regularly replacing your oil you improve fuel economy by one mile per gallon (mpg) or 2.35 kilometres per litre.
- Changing dirty spark plugs save up to 2 mpg.
- Replacing a clogged air filter you can increase fuel efficiency by 10 percent.
- Tires inflated to the proper pressure can increase your fuel economy by 3.3 percent.
Regular inspections and vehicle services can keep your car or truck performing as long as possible and alert you to potential problems. Schwabe’s Automotive Centre can help, contact us at 780-465-3336 for a free quote, and ask about our free tune-up reminders to stay up-to-date on your vehicle’s maintenance.